My first #IWSG of 2015 – A writing club that self-publishes together!

Busan Writing Group Things are certainly heating up for the Busan writing group. We are planning out an anthology of works to publish very soon! We envision this as an annual publication by our group – we will collect stories that we have reviewed and edited together for a self-published anthology.

I’m posting this to the Insecure Writer’s Support Group this month because I think this is an option for self-publishing that is not discussed often enough in writing circles. Once you have a writing circle that you work with regualrly, one possible direction foir your group is to publish together. Editing, formatting, production, promoting, etc. – all those things could be done as a group, with members sharing the tasks.

So from the IWSG community, I’d like to know: have you done a group publication before? How did it go?

More updates on my own group’s publication are coming as soon as I can say more. I’ll only say this – I’m quite happy with the submissions we have lined up, including my own work. I feel my piece is the best and most polished work of fiction I’ve done yet.

Links:

Insecure Writer's Support Group Insecure Writer’s Support Group

Busan Writing Group Busan Writing Group

6 comments on “My first #IWSG of 2015 – A writing club that self-publishes together!

1. Eliza March says:

I’ve noticed many authors joining forces lately to do just that. Good luck with your group 😀

2. melissamaygrove says:

I’m too much of a loner, but I’ve known of some writers who do this.
    Hey, whatever works! 🙂

Welcome to the group.
    IWSG #143 until Alex culls the list again.

3. mpax1 says:

Groups is a smart way to go. I formed one a few years ago. We started publishing anthologies and boxed sets together. http://mpaxauthor.com

4. A.J. Goode says:

I think an anthology sounds like a great idea! Good luck with it!

5. DonnaMcDine says:

IWSG published a book… Insecure Writer’s Support Group Guide to Publishing and Beyond ISBN: 9781939844088. I’m proud to be part of it. Best of luck to you. Welcome to IWSG!

6. Nick Wilford says:

This is a neat idea. It offers a chance for some exposure for all members, and also some experience of the game if you go on to self-publish novels.

I self-published a fundraising anthology a couple of years ago, of short pieces and poetry, and it ended up with 70 contributors. I did all the editing, formatting etc myself and had a lot of fun. I’m glad I did it!